Friday, June 25, 2010

Sabbatical: Day 14 (?)--Andros

Sorry I haven't been able to update this blog. Today is the first time I've actually gotten a signal in my room! In any case, I've been busy writing, which is nice. The workshop so far is phenomenal. All the women in my writing group are amazing writers and their comments on my short story (well, the beginning of a short story that could become a novel) really helped. I've been working on this story for years and haven't finished it. But I think I might now. And they are recommending so many books to me that I may have to clear out the library when I get home.

The only down side so far: Right before I got on the ferry heading to Andros, I fell on a slippery sidewalk ramp and WHAM! I went down...hard. I twisted my ankle and have been hobbling around ever since. The hotel was kind enough to provide me with a pair of crutches, and they even took me to the hospital for X-rays, where I found out that nothing was broken. I just have some strained ligaments. My hope is I'll be fine in a day or two. But even if I'm not, I'll just limp around, I guess. Nothing will stop me from enjoying this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment